Ysflight Scenery Editor is a program created by Soji Yamakawa that allows users to create their own maps. The program is shareware, priced at 15 USD, but is free to use without any limitations. Currently, the official version of Scenery Editor is version 20090926, named for the date it was released, September 26, 2009. Newer test versions have been released, altering the user interface and changing some menus.
The help file that comes with Ysflight Scenery Editor is very inclusive and covers a wide range of tools and abilities that Scenery Editor has. Reading this file is one of the first steps to learning the program.
- Decaff's YSFlight Scenery Editor Tutorial - by decaff_42 - http://forum.ysfhq.com/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=4731
- Making the Absolute Simplest Scenery - A Tutorial by Taskforce 58 - http://www.yspilots.com/yspf/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19
- A Treatise On Making Maps - by PatickN - http://sites.google.com/site/yspmnv/files/ATreatiseontheCreationofMaps.pdf?attredirects=0
- Decaff's YSFlight Scenery Editor Video Tutorials - by decaff - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSXTQaoxmGcgUGjL5jU09f0crNmlWwSlr
- Decaff's YSFlight Scenery Editor Map Reviews - by decaff - http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLSXTQaoxmGcg2X1iNx9YKTEvBN4cjmaGV