Originally posted by OfficerFlake on YSFHQ on February 5th, 2013.
One of the quickest and easiest tools I ever saw was the Perl Scripts for YSFlight by Asameshi .
Now installing them and getting it to work is not a walk in the park anymore like it was with perl 5.8. I just had to do it all again from scratch, so this is how I did it.
- Download & Install Strawberry (32bit only is compatable)
- Open Commane Prompt (Windows + R, then type "cmd" and press enter)
- Type "cpan -i Tk" and press enter. (Note this is case sensitive. If it doesn't work, try "tk", as some people have had sucess with this.)
- Perl Package Manager will now download and install Tk for you, a component needed by the AsaMeshi perl scripts which doesn't come bundled with Perl anymore. Please wait for it.
- Once Tk is extracted, Tk will be tested on your system. Enjoy the fireworks as many Tk windows open and close rapidly
- Go to your Perl file and right click -> open with...
- Navigate to your Strawberry perl forlder, and select the perl.exe file. Normally this is "C:/strawberryperl/perl/bin/perl.exe"
- Your're done! Make sure you have SurfData.pm from Asameshi's site, and run any .pl file as you need.
Note: If this works, or doesn't work for you, please let OfficerFlake know via YSFHQ Private Message, or by posting in the original YSFHQ forum topic here: /viewtopic.php?f=148&t=5013
DNMBuild perl scriptEdit
To get DNMBUILD to work, you need to download and install WIN32:CLIPBOARD.
- In CPAN, type: "get Win32:Clipboard"
- Let it download.
- In PPM, type "install Win32-Clipboard".